U8 WINTER ACADEMY 2017
A. IMPORTANT UPDATES
The U8 Girls Wednesday Feb 22 Academy training session is ON, but we are PUSHING the start time up by 15 minutes. We will START at 4pm and END at 5:30pm.
This WILL be our new start and end times every week going forward.
The weather forecast looks good at least! :)
B. FOSTER CITY ACADEMY News and Happenings
1. Some of our 2015/2016 Academy alumni have started playing in the Winter Select programs this season. They are playing in the U9 Boys and U9 Girls division. If you get a chance, come check out some of their games and cheer on these Foster City players and teams.
The U9 Boys Winter Select game schedule can be found at ... Area 2N U9 Boys Winter Select Game Schedule (click here)
The U9 Girls Winter Select game schedule can be found at ... Area 2N U9 Girls Winter Select Game Schedule (click here)
2. Two of our Academy roster players, Dylan D and Miley R, were able to start their participation in games against other regions, by being asked to guest with the Foster City U10G Fall Select team in the Turkey Tournament in November. Dylan managed to help the team with two goals in the round-robin games, and Miley scored the championship winning goal in the tournament!
We are pleased to announce that we will be running a U8 Boys and Girls Academy this WINTER season. The purpose of the Academy is to provide an opportunity for our young players that are motivated and have a desire to compete at a higher level. There is a strong focus on fundamental motor skill development through speed and agility exercises as well as teaching them and developing their technical skills.
The curriculum will be age appropriate with player development at the heart of the program and be delivered by head trainers Rhona Higgins and Edsel delos Reyes.
Please see the form below to sign-up for the Winter Academy.
MONDAY, JAN 16th to MONDAY, MARCH 6th
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (Beginning Monday Feb 27, note the new start time of 4pm and end time of 5:30pm)
Sea Cloud, S3
WEDNESDAY, JAN 18th to WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15th (extended to March 15 to add a make-up session)
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm (Beginning Wed Feb 22, note the new start time of 4pm and end time of 5:30pm)
Sea Cloud, S3
1. The Boys Academy sessions will be held every MONDAY and the Girls Academy sessions will be held every Wednesday.
2. We will only have a U8 Academy this winter season; we will NOT have a U9 Academy.
3. The U8 Academy is open to boys and girls that played in the U8B and U8G divisions in our Fall 2016 season (must be born between 8/1/08 and 7/31/10)
For more information or if you have questions, contact:
2. Our Fall 2015 and Winter 2016 Academy roster players are now going to fully participate for the first time in playing in an Area 2N Select team. Both our FC AYSO U9 Boys and U9 Girls Winter Select teams have rosters that includes many of our Academy players.
NOTE: Due to field availability and trainer resources that are still not yet finalized for the winter season, all information above is subject to change. We will notify everyone if any of the training session details etc are modified from what is currently listed above on this web page. Also, depending on the number of players sign-ups, we may restrict the maximum number of players we can take for the Winter Academy, and players will be accepted on a first to sign up basis if required.